Here are the 10:
1. What got you interested in designing a deck of playing cards?
I am an avid collector of playing cards with unique faces. I currently have over 10,000 decks but the collection has slowed in the past couple of years because we’ve only been seeking out decks with unique faces.
2. What was your inspiration for this deck?
A personal favorite type of deck to collect are the transformed decks. We love the semi-transformational and fully transformed decks. The idea of this deck was to mix a comic book feel with teddy bears and a transformed style.
3. Why Kickstarter?
We have tried many different venues to promote the semi-transformational or as we often call it, “Seek-N-Find” playing cards we have created. We have never been able to create much attention for the style. Since we have also collected a few decks of KS over the years we thought KS would be yet another venue to promote the style.
4. Do you have any other interesting hobbies or maybe a fun story about an experience involving your deck?
Peter and I have gone back and forth for 10 years on the Fantastic Fur deck. It wasn’t until the current “busy” design that Peter and I both agreed we were on a path to something we both liked.
5. What is one thing you wouldn’t do without?
The hand drawn portion of the art! While I love digital art, there is something really special about art that is hand drawn with an old-fashioned pencil and paint.
6. What’s the best tidbit of advice you’ve ever been given?
Dream big, dream often. If you ever stop dreaming your dream may end.
7. What advice would you give to other aspiring deck creators/artists?
Don’t let the critics ruin your creativity! There will ALWAYS be someone who doesn’t like what you create.
8. Do you have an online presence where we can view your work?
You can find Newt’s Games and Puzzles at www.newtsgames.com. You can find some of Peter Woods other artwork at www.hugobia.co.uk/
9. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
Thanks for asking the questions. I hope they help you.
10. And finally, I would like to give you this opportunity to share three to five images and tell us a little about each.
All of the images from the deck are shown on the KS campaign.