Here are the 10:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Hey James, my name is Timothy Olinger, and I am a game designer. I’ve been inventing games for the enjoyment of myself, my friends and family since I was a kid. I have some really good ideas now that I would like to share with the world.
1. What got you interested in designing a deck of playing cards?
I’m actually working on a fantasy card game that has multiple factions, so I was already making the character illustrations. I am wanting to use my art assets to generate some income to put toward the game.
2. What was your inspiration for this deck?
I realized that the four factions I was working on would fit perfectly into the four suits and that playing card games would have a similar feel to the game I’m making.
3. Why Kickstarter?
I found out about kickstarter through the Phoenix project. I used to play City of Heroes and my friends let me know that City of Titans was going to be its successor. After I pledged toward that, I looked through the lists and realized that I could be bring more to the market than my wallet.
4. Do you have any other interesting hobbies or maybe a fun story about an experience involving your deck?
Well, as I said, I’m also working on a rpg card game featuring the same characters as well as some other decks of playing cards from the same IP. I am also producing some figures of some of the characters.
5. What is one thing you wouldn’t do without?
6. What’s the best tidbit of advice you’ve ever been given?
7. What advice would you give to other aspiring deck creators/artists?
Take it one step at a time.
8. Do you have an online presence where we can view your work?
I have a Facebook. My page is “Kingdoms of Erden: The Card Game.”
9. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
Yes, I think your readers should hop on kickstarter and check out my campaign, buy a deck and give me some feedback.
10. And finally, I would like to give you this opportunity to share three to five images and tell us a little about each.
This is the 3D model of an Epic Legendary sword in my game. I will soon be offering it as a plastic and metal miniature replica.
The four factions of this particular deck of playing cards. Elves, dwarves, the red Carnaros and the blue Imelridh.
Here’s a look at the card designs for the playing cards.
This cover/promotional art is titled “Kings Duel” and features the red and blue kings of the two factions central to the conflict in the world of Erden. These characters are featuring the faces of my brother and I. I’m the blue king.
Here’s a bit of history. These are the game cards I made and printed out before I met my artist. The game had gone through some changes since then.